Criminal Records, Expungement got accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrot

My friend cousin was accused of stealing some food worth around $ 5 . He got stopped by the LPO and no police was called. I heard that the LPO only took down his information from his driver license and took a picture of him. He was told he is now banned from this particular store and the LPO didn't make him sign anything. However, the LPO told him he will be receiving some letters from the company . I have helped him to do some researched and I know he should be receiving some civil demand letters. Will he also receive a SOME KIND OF " NON TREssPASSING " Agreement that he needs to sign ?! If he SIGN the NON TREssPASSING agreement ?! does it mean HE IS ADMITTED to GUILT ?! Please help him. He is a great person/ student... We also heard of some kind of National Thief database. If he sign the NON TREssPASSING agreement ?! does it mean he is admitted to GUILT and he will be put on that list which will prevent him getting a job most retail chains ... He didn't know much when he got stopped by the LPO. He just wanted to get it over with when it happened. THE LPO did not make him sign anything at the store !

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tell him to stay out of the store, stop stealing, and yes to most everything you posted.
His best bet is to never ever steal anything.
Then see a lawyer.
Yes, getting a job in retail he should forget about.

I have worked retail theft for a long time and the trespass notice is NOT an admission of guilt. Its just a notice he is no longer welcome in store. The civil demand is a civil action and not an admission of guilt either. Not all stores use these theft databases so its possible his name is not in one if store he took from is not a subscriber. My team can tell you if store subscribes to any such database but we cannot do so publically. You may email me or PM me through this site with store name (do not post it publically) and I will reply with answer if this store does use such a database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back