Going to court no ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCARED_and_SICK

I was pulled over and ticketed and my car impounded Feb 09 for driving with no insurance and no registration. The car is in my husbands name and he just had triple bypass surgery 2 days prior I forgot to pay the ins. I was not taken to jail. My court date was rescheduled by the court and for the new one I was in the hospital my self with cardiac problems four times and never rescheduled my court date, so I was issued a Failure to Appear.
I was again pulled over, my tailight out and my ins. had lapsed the day before. I was arrested and taken to jail. A friend posted bond and paid the fine. There was some kind of mistake with the amount of the fine out of 2500 I only pd. 300 (The Judge and recorder made an error).
My question is when I go back to court what am I looking at. We are severely financially broke due to medical care for myself and husband, I work and can't afford to loose my job. We would literally be homeless. And my husband needs constant care.

Any Advice

First, you need to quit driving without insurance.
That is one of the most expensive citations you can get, if not the most.
It is possible your driving privilege will be restricted for to and from work, and you will be required to maintain insurance on the car.... and also to pay the fines for both citations. The two of them combined are probably $1500-2000.
Failure to pay the fines or comply with a payment plan will result in your driving privilege being suspended altogether.

Not having the money to pay the fines is not a good enough excuse for not paying the fines... sounds stupid, but that's the way it is.

Thank you mighty Moose,

I appreciate the feedback. I will be going to court next week. I do have an attorney, but he can't get the soliciter to return his call. I have never had these issues before, alway's pay my ins., only 3 tickets in my entire life, never in an accident and I'm in my late 40's, just hit very hard times ,. Please Believe me, I have learned a very valuable lesson and my ins. is now on auto draft every month.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back