Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct gives falsified information, underage drinking assault (against minor) no punishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulchild99

i have absolutely no idea legally what to do. ill give the background

for a long time my brother, who is a minor, has not gotten along with this adult at his school that is clearly jealous of him, but pretends to want to be his friend. my brother isnt mean to him, but the boy is an admitted drug dealer, hangs with the wrong crowd, does bad things n my brother is the complete opposite, and doesnt want to be associated with that. so he & the boy (while drunk i might add) fought a few months ago and police were called.he gave false information (said he was a minor, when hes legally an adult) swore at an adult in front of police ( i know a man who was put in jail for swearing around an officer) and he later told a friend that police warned him about underage drinking, as they smelled the alcohol on his breath. they said he and my brother, although simply defending himself, would both get citations, and they would investigate what the other boy had said about his age, because others said he lied about his age. since then, a few days after he had his cousin leave a threatening voicemail for my brother- (which was taken to the police and played for them and he was supposed to have harassment charges filed against him-never happened), has said numerous things about my brother, and even me-though i had nothing to do with it- and tried to set my brother up to get beat up by lying on him to a group of people. he was previously expelled from my brothers school and recently came back, but was suspended again after other students complained of his presence. he told people my brother was the reason he was suspended and he was going to fight him as soon as he got a chance. my brother has not retaliated to anything, because he is above that type of stuff, and he figured the police would have handled it
while all of this is going on, my mother is trying to get ahold of the officer in charge of looking at this case, but everytime she calls, hes supposedly out, on vacation, etc. almost 4 months have gone by and he has not called back. we are trying so hard to go about this the right way and if we werent decent people, this would be an open opprotunity to do something bad. the boy's mother said she had friends on the police force that let her know when things were going on, and were starting to believe that. i figured assaulting a minor, or even assault in general, along with giving falsified information, underage drinking and profanity would result in some type of punishment, but this adult is walking around free.

should we get a lawyer and pursue this? i have no idea what to do, as i thought police would handle it properly, but that is not the case. i need to know ASAP

i have absolutely no idea legally what to do. ill give the background

for a long time my brother, who is a minor, has not gotten along with this adult at his school that is clearly jealous of him, but pretends to want to be his friend. my brother isnt mean to him, but the boy is an admitted drug dealer, hangs with the wrong crowd, does bad things n my brother is the complete opposite, and doesnt want to be associated with that. so he & the boy (while drunk i might add) fought a few months ago and police were called.he gave false information (said he was a minor, when hes legally an adult) swore at an adult in front of police ( i know a man who was put in jail for swearing around an officer) and he later told a friend that police warned him about underage drinking, as they smelled the alcohol on his breath. they said he and my brother, although simply defending himself, would both get citations, and they would investigate what the other boy had said about his age, because others said he lied about his age. since then, a few days after he had his cousin leave a threatening voicemail for my brother- (which was taken to the police and played for them and he was supposed to have harassment charges filed against him-never happened), has said numerous things about my brother, and even me-though i had nothing to do with it- and tried to set my brother up to get beat up by lying on him to a group of people. he was previously expelled from my brothers school and recently came back, but was suspended again after other students complained of his presence. he told people my brother was the reason he was suspended and he was going to fight him as soon as he got a chance. my brother has not retaliated to anything, because he is above that type of stuff, and he figured the police would have handled it
while all of this is going on, my mother is trying to get ahold of the officer in charge of looking at this case, but everytime she calls, hes supposedly out, on vacation, etc. almost 4 months have gone by and he has not called back. we are trying so hard to go about this the right way and if we werent decent people, this would be an open opprotunity to do something bad. the boy's mother said she had friends on the police force that let her know when things were going on, and were starting to believe that. i figured assaulting a minor, or even assault in general, along with giving falsified information, underage drinking and profanity would result in some type of punishment, but this adult is walking around free.

should we get a lawyer and pursue this? i have no idea what to do, as i thought police would handle it properly, but that is not the case. i need to know ASAP

I am not sure what is going on. If there was a threatening message left on your phone, make sure to keep an extra copy somewhere. Make sure that the police took a report and get the file number and receipt. If they refuse, get the officer's name and badge number you spoke to. If this officer is non-responsive, send a letter to him via certified mail. What happened to the citation against your brother? Was it fought? These are some of the first steps. You should also send a duplicate letter to the school about this problem, addressed to the principal and sent via certified return receipt mail. You must put the school on notice of the facts and make sure that both know that you believe your brother's welfare to be in danger. Good luck with this and I'm sorry to hear about the problem.

PS - I will ask a professional guidance counselor of process in public schools but do know that there are ways to report issues to the school and they are supposed to have this information on file. Find out what you can and keep meticulous records.

I am not sure what is going on. If there was a threatening message left on your phone, make sure to keep an extra copy somewhere. Make sure that the police took a report and get the file number and receipt. If they refuse, get the officer's name and badge number you spoke to. If this officer is non-responsive, send a letter to him via certified mail. What happened to the citation against your brother? Was it fought? These are some of the first steps. You should also send a duplicate letter to the school about this problem, addressed to the principal and sent via certified return receipt mail. You must put the school on notice of the facts and make sure that both know that you believe your brother's welfare to be in danger. Good luck with this and I'm sorry to hear about the problem.

PS - I will ask a professional guidance counselor of process in public schools but do know that there are ways to report issues to the school and they are supposed to have this information on file. Find out what you can and keep meticulous records.

the voicemail got erased from my brothers phone (exceeded 30 days) but the officer said it didnt matter bc he heard it n made record of it. the officer was shady; he got married, moved, so he was off the whole month after that happened, which is understandable, but over the last 3 months he could have contacted us. no excuse. plus he lied and said he contacted us when he didnt.the sgt was informed of that so hes going to get all the info off of the other officer and put some special juvenile officer on it (i forget his official title.) none of the citations were ever issued, so we had nothing to fight lol
the principal was also informed all of this and theyre supposedly doing their own investigation (this boy was expelled last year for bringing a weapon to school, and they said bc of some lame rules they have to let him back in, but this is his last chance) as far as everything written i have 2 copies of everything. thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back