Gift or not???

xtxrxexv

I bought a snowmobile, I let my good friend use it and keep it out at his brothers house for his birthday gift. We had an agreement that I could ride it when I wanted, the title and registration are in my name. I asked for it back so I could store it for the summer, He refuses and says it was a gift, and that he had to pay to rebuild the engine that he seized while riding it. I talked to our police and they passed it off as a civil suit. If we had an agreement to who rides it and that if something happens when that persons on it they pay for gas and maintance, and the title and registration are in my name is it actually legally considered a gift?

If the title is in your name it belongs to you. If he refuses to turn it and you can't work out your differences you will have to go to court.
You would have to file in civil court (not small claims) to get it back. If he thinks you owe him for the repairs he did and you can't settle that either then his option is to sue/countersue for that amount.
If you are good friends hopefully you can work it out.

Two options-
1. Take your title to a repo company and see if they will help. They might scoop it up for you if it is accessible.
2. Talk with an attorney. A well written letter in legalese may persuade some cooperation so things can be worked out.

Back