Getting paid for a judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldolledup

Has any one been successful in getting paid on a small claim judgment, We went to court and so did the defendant. The judgment went in our favor, but the other person wrote us a letter saying he doesn't have the money. He said he would send $50 a month and then after two months no money. The court has been no help to us and in fact said 90% of cases never get paid. We are in our sixties and don't know how to find out his banks (if any) where he now works, etc. Amy advice?

If the person in fact does have a stable & steady job, bank accounts, owns propertty etc.. It is pretty easy to locate and verify this information. You can hire an attorney to handle this. Another less expensive alternative; you can check this information yourself.
I can give you some helpful information...

You can try any of the following internet sites for a backround report, which will verify last known address, possible employment, as well as info regarding liens' judgements etc..
Normally a fee involved probably no more than $50.00. Regarding property ownership. You can check for free Deeds & Registrar's office in the county which the person lives. You can verify home ownership, date of purchase, purchase price of home etc.

A. Intelius.com
B. Knowx.com
C. US Search.com
D. Zabasearch/ which will direct you to another site.
E. Peoplefinders.com.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I thought of the internet, but didn't know how current they are. We knew where he worked in November but when I called the Personnel office there, they would give me no info. Thanks.

The court has been no help to us and in fact said 90% of cases never get paid.

I'm surprised the number of cases that get paid is that high.

In any event, you may want to sell the judgment to a collection agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back