Getting my fine reduced

qwo5k

I was caught driving without a license and was ticketed $550. My license wasn't suspended or revoked, I've just never gotten one. I was driving with my permit and my state ID, both of which the officer took and used as valid forms of ID. I want to know if, should I get my license within 15 days, I can take the ticket to court and get the fee reduced. I remember reading somewhere that under Washington state legislature, if you get a license after a citation like this one and you take it to court, you can get the fine reduced to $50. I don't know how accurate that is, but any help you guys could give would be much appreciated!

I was caught driving without a license and was ticketed $550. My license wasn't suspended or revoked, I've just never gotten one. I was driving with my permit and my state ID, both of which the officer took and used as valid forms of ID. I want to know if, should I get my license within 15 days, I can take the ticket to court and get the fee reduced. I remember reading somewhere that under Washington state legislature, if you get a license after a citation like this one and you take it to court, you can get the fine reduced to $50. I don't know how accurate that is, but any help you guys could give would be much appreciated!

In most states, you can't obtain a license after you've been cited for driving without ever having obtained a license.
If you had one and it expired a couple weeks before the citation, what you suggest could be a remedy.
But, all you have to do is see if you can obtain a valid license, take it to court, show it to the prosecutor (before you're called) and see if he or she will work with you to reduce the pain.
In Texas, you'd receive all the punishment the court would mete out, if convicted, and then be suspended (or revoked) for a period of time.
But, hey, we're Texas and the courts are tough here.

You have nothing to lose and much to gain if your little technique works.

Let us know how you fared, and we can let someone else know about it one day.

Good luck.

We're pulling for you.

Back