Parole, Probation Getting a probation violation Warrant recalled by the DA

Status
Not open for further replies.

inurok

My boyfriend is in the process of having his probation transferred from Texas to Delaware. While in process we had a fight a he got arrested for Domestic Violence in DE. His PO in Texas filed a warrant for the violation. He advised him if all the charges were dropped he would request the District Attorney to recall the warrant. All charges were dropped and he just sent the request to the Texas DA to hopefully recall the PV. Does the district attorney normally honor such requests from the probation officer or are chances slim? Thank you

My boyfriend is in the process of having his probation transferred from Texas to Delaware. While in process we had a fight a he got arrested for Domestic Violence in DE. His PO in Texas filed a warrant for the violation. He advised him if all the charges were dropped he would request the District Attorney to recall the warrant. All charges were dropped and he just sent the request to the Texas DA to hopefully recall the PV. Does the district attorney normally honor such requests from the probation officer or are chances slim? Thank you

No one can say for sure, as it depends on the specific county.
However, the DA can't recall the warrant.
A DA doesn't issue warrants.
If a warrant was issued, a district court judge (or a county judge) probably issued it.
The judge that issued the warrant, if he or she is still sitting on the bench (or living) must recall the warrant.

More often than not, DV warrants don't get recalled easily.
The ones I have seen recalled were only done after a hearing or two had been held on the matter.
The judges involved always took the matter under advisement for a couple of weeks to make sure they fully understood everything about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back