Getting a medical collection off my report

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelle711

Maryland
A collection agency has placed 2 medical collections on my credit report. This is the first time I had heard about their collection efforts. I wrote the collection agency seeking validation of the debt, and the credit bureau disputing the debt. The collection agency never responded (30 days have past) and the credit bureau says they verified the debt using eOscar.

The collection agency is based in Washington state, where the debt was incurred and they are not licensed as a collection agency in Maryland where I now live. Can they legally collect the debt in Maryland? Also, since they have not validated the debt to me, can the credit bureau continue to report it? I would like to get the collections off my credit report. What should be my next step?

I would dispute it again, start keeping notes of everything--- I had trouble w. a the same sort of issue and ultimately sued the company and the credit agency and won--- But you must keep disputing it, keep calling the company to provide the proof of the debt and keep your notes, every time to talk to somebody write it all down, date, time, name, and the results -- it is a huge pain but if it is really not yours and you can prove incompetence you will win.

Re:

Collection agency can collect the debt legally in your state only if covered under SOL of the particular state. Credit bureau cannot report to you until and unless the debt is validated by you for any further repayment options if applicable. You are definitely sheltered by FDCPA and kindly contact your family attorney if any or else any professional law firm at your place/state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back