1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Get the devil out of my house

Discussion in 'Eviction, Recovery of Premises' started by Julesmcross, Feb 7, 2017.

  1. Julesmcross

    Julesmcross Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I allowed a relative with her husband and children to move in temporary to help her get sober. There is no lease agreement. We agreed from the beginning she needed to be out by feb 28th. I recently made her and her husband sign a note that they will be out by the 28th and that they would agree to be forcibly removed if they hadnt left by then.

    They have stolen from us. Terroristic threats while being recorded. Searched my house, etc. He smokes pot in my garage and has a gun which he cant have because he has several misdemeanors.

    I am afraid they wont be gone by then. Next step, please!
  2. ElleMD

    ElleMD Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Call the police when he breaks the law. Seriously. If they don't leave, you will have to follow the process to have them evicted.
  3. adjusterjack

    adjusterjack Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Misdemeanors generally don't result in loss of gun rights unless they involve domestic violence.

    There are ways of checking court records for felony convictions but you'll either have to go county by county, like this:

    Smart Search - DeKalb County - Superior, State and Magistrate Courts

    Or use a fee based service, like this:

    Georgia Felon Search | Georgia Technology Authority

    If he has any felony convictions, you are free to call the police about the gun.
  4. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Now you know why others said, NO.

    Your "agreement" means nothing legally.
    You must evict this 21st century two person gang of thugs.
    The next time someone fires up the weed, you can call the cops hoping the officer arrives while he's getting high.
    The next time any crime occurs, call the cops.
    If domestic violence occurs, call the cops and when one arrives ask her/him about emergency orders of protection.
    If the 2 unit gang walks that line between the criminal law, all you've got left is to bring an eviction.
    I suggest you begin the eviction process today.
    It often takes four weeks or longer.
    Remember the greatest word of all time, NO.
    Now you know why TODDLERS use NO repeatedly, and with great regularity.
    NO, has saved my bacon so many times I can't estimate the trouble it's saved me.
  5. mightymoose

    mightymoose Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    A shortcut to the eviction process is a restraining order. Since you apparently live in the same home, if there is any violence or credible threats of violence you may be able to obtain a restraining order which would require one or both of them to immediately move out.

    As far as eviction- you would do well to start the process now. There is no need to wait.
    Some states have statutes that expedite the process when the owner occupies the residence.

Share This Page