Repairs, Maintenance Georgia: Tenants obligations (access to premises for repairs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gws226

Hello,

I am currently renting a single family home in Georgia (Gwinett county.) There are several defects with the home that I have been working with the landlord and their property management to repair (nationwide property management firm.)

The property management firm is insistent that I must be present to allow access to the home for third part contractors at the time of repair. They specifically state "we do not provide the service of waiting for contractors in the home" There is no mention of this in our lease.

Basically if I have a problem; the management company gives me the third party contractor number to call; I must work on scheduling, followups, and "motivation."

I am normally a work with type of guy; but I have had to take 6 personal days from work in the last three weeks alone as the property management teams changes contractors for the same issue etc (to lower their costs) while my central A/C unit remains non-functional. I am not particurally upset that the unit has not been satisfactory repaired (as a landlord myself I understand the eagerness to try to fix before replacing.) But I am upset that the only way I can get this unit fixed that I must take personal days off from my own job to sit around the house and wait for contractors to arrive.

Honestly; it probably would of been cheaper for me to just pay myself for a new central A/C unit then deal with unpaid time and business lost having to sit at home all day.

What are my rights as a tenant in this scenario?

Last edited:
Landlord is wrong.
Landlord does not have to sit and wait, but is responsible for the repair. Landlord needs to coordinate with the contractor, not you.
Make sure you have given landlord proper notice of repairs as outlined in your lease. This is usually written notice. If landlord fails to make repairs follow the procedure in your lease or seek assistance in small claims. If you end up paying for the repair you could potentially be reimbursed if you followed proper procedure. You will not be reimbursed for missing work.

I am a Landlord and have ceiling fans in my reantls.I own them-if they break I fix them.I wouldn't like anyone fiddling with my wires..Your landlord shold pry75 bucks out of his pocket to buy a decent new one.

The ONLY technique to coelistnntsy lose weight and your abdominal fat and keep it off for good is to combine a sound nutritious diet full of unprocessed natural foods with a properly fat loss designed strategic exercise plan that stimulates the necessary hormonal and metabolic response in your body. [...] A lot of people declare it is the training which encourages body fat loss and weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back