GAP WARRANTY PROTECTION

hrbradfield

Jurisdiction
Texas
I cosigned on a 2014 charger for my daughter , my name is xxxxxxxxxxxxx and her name is xxxxxxxxxx. Unfortunately around 10/16/2017 this vehicle was involved in a accident and was totaled by the insurance company named Infiniti. After their investigation insurance paid off their portion and leaving the gap insurance to pay off the rest. Gap warranty denied claim citing that insured was driving without a license at the time of accident. Insurance company should not have insured claimant if that was the case. I also have not received my copy of denial from disclaimers report. This company named CNA national warranty have bad ratings for deceptive practices and refusal to pay off claims. I would really like to settle this matter as it has ruined my credit rating and caused me to have severe input on late payments for the balance of this loan with Chrysler Capital. I have contract from sale of vehicle, insurers package and clause where dealership extended warranty protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
GAP's denial has nothing to do with your regular insurance.

READ, READ, READ your GAP policy to see if the GAP denial is based on the GAP policy's terms and conditions.

Come back when you've done that.

PS: It's never a good idea to identify your names on the internet.

Perhaps your daughter's license was REVOKED or SUSPENDED, not LOST, between the time she obtained the policy and was involved in the COLLISION?

You possessed an insurable interest in the vehicle.

You should have investigated how to best protect said interest.

As long as insurance paid for the vehicle I'm not sure why that would affect GAP. But again, would have to read the policy.

Back