gaining full parental custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

justice4justice

Due to an unstable living condition, my parents hired a lawyer and took me to court to gain temporary custodial guardianship of my son. Its been almost a year and things are better. Ive provided for my son along with carried him on Medicaid since the court date. What do i do to regain full parental custody of my child?

Due to an unstable living condition, my parents hired a lawyer and took me to court to gain temporary custodial guardianship of my son. Its been almost a year and things are better. Ive provided for my son along with carried him on Medicaid since the court date. What do i do to regain full parental custody of my child?

You need to speak with a lawyer.
It's a fairly complicated process, especially if the other side has a lawyer.
Providing Medicaid isn't much of an accomplishment, because its provided FREE to you because of your disadvantaged financial position.

I suggest you obtain some form of training, education, or a skill; which would allow you to one day better provide for yourself and your child.

You should also ensure that the choices you made to end up in a predicament are no longer going to be harmful to you and baby.

Bottom line, improve yourself, improve your lot, hire a lawyer, obtain employment, support yourself so that taxpayers don't have to do so, then you might be able to convince a judge you're ready to parent solo.

In the meantime, discuss your improvement plan and progress with your parents, prove to them you're ready.

This will take time, but there's no hurry, if you love your child.
After all, the baby is safe with your parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back