Funds withheld from last paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmfarris

I have gotten into a personal altercation with my bosses family that resulted in me in quitting my job!We were family friends 12 yrs plus...2 days after i quit the employer changed the locks on the door to the small business and charged me for it out of my final paycheck!In which was a part time job..one day a week! and i was charged $122...he says he tried to call me!i have never verbally or signed any agreement that stated that i was responsible for the lock change under any circumstances!not at hiring..not in application...i was never given a time line to return the key!i recieved a letter in the mail with what was left of my check and a note saying i was no longer employed at there company!so i was "fired" and charged for those locks.what do i do?do i have a small claims suit?it costs 82 dollars to file here..if i do file..am i able to sue for the $82 also...ty

Why did you not return keys when you quit?
i was never asked for a key!!they say they left voice mails...i never got one!i never got a letter or anything stating i had to return the key or they even wanted the dang thing!i did not work the the company for almost a year and held a key!and i still got it as a matter of fact!they never requested that one!they changed the locks becuz an employee quit about 8 months after i had left.and didnt charge her!!they r or were family friends i thought this one would blow over like all the rest!thats why i went back to work for them recently!

i Have Gotten Into A Personal Altercation With My Bosses Family That Resulted In Me In Quitting My Job!we Were Family Friends 12 Yrs Plus...2 Days After I Quit The Employer Changed The Locks On The Door To The Small Business And Charged Me For It Out Of My Final Paycheck!in Which Was A Part Time Job..one Day A Week! And I Was Charged $122...he Says He Tried To Call Me!i Have Never Verbally Or Signed Any Agreement That Stated That I Was Responsible For The Lock Change Under Any Circumstances!not At Hiring..not In Application...i Was Never Given A Time Line To Return The Key!i Recieved A Letter In The Mail With What Was Left Of My Check And A Note Saying I Was No Longer Employed At There Company!so I Was "fired" And Charged For Those Locks.what Do I Do?do I Have A Small Claims Suit?it Costs 82 Dollars To File Here..if I Do File..am I Able To Sue For The $82 Also...ty

.it Was And I Contacted Authorities..demanded My Money In Writing Within 24 Hrs...got It In 3!!!TY THO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back