Fund Raising

ichinyo

Jurisdiction
D.C.
I decided to run for Congress and hired a group called Bull Dog Financial. They have a good rap, and their website deems them very professional. They also reach out with advertising. Which they do not live up to. They never told me that I would be the one making calls. They supply lists of people who are in your party you call. They have this gimmick called "The Ask". Truly, you could get the same lists from NJDems free, and all one would have to say is I am building a war chest. They used weaele words to say I maybe able to raise $400,000. I emailed them incognito from another account and asked their sales guy if you have to do your own fund raising and I never got an answer. I emailed them the same way a few times and responses ended. What can I do, I am out $2,000.

I have been involved in multiple such campaigns. Candidates and their campaign teams are the ones who make the calls. Are you talking about setting up a robo-call? Even still, it would be your voice that records the message and you would supply the phone list.

I looked at the website as I was curious. I think you misunderstand what it is a company like that does. I suggest speaking to some experienced elected officials and their campaign managers.

Back