Full custody of younger siblings

A

Alpha

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My girlfriend's twin siblings, ages 12, boy & girl, live w/their mother in Virginia. The mother & father have lost custody in the past & the twins were placed in foster care. The mother & father have histories of drug abuse(alcohol & other subtances). The mother still struggles w/substance & alcohol abuse & is currently in alcohol anonymous & getting treatment to aid her addiction(she still won't confess that she's addicted). The twins currently reside w/their father who has a history of being an abusive drunk. The mother is in a relationship w/ a convicted sex-offender of minors. The mother talks about getting married to him so it'd be okay for the twins to be left alone w/him w/out him getting in trouble w/the law. We believe it's in the best interest of the twins if they lived w/us in Texas, away from all that. They've voiced their concerns multiple times how they live in fear of being taken away & back in foster care. They've multiple times asked if they could live w/us & even told the mother that they wanted to live w/us. Me & my girlfriend have been in a relationship for 3 years. The situation stresses her out because she lived through it when she was younger but came to Texas to live w/her father. I want to help so bad but idk what to do..

If the children are being abused, you call the authorities. That's ALL you can do and realistically, all your girlfriend can do.. Without the cooperation of the parents of these children, I do not see them being removed from their current state of residence; if the State gets/is involved, those chances go from slim to none.

You would never get custody all the way from Texas. If you really wanted to pursue this you would move to Virginia, but even then you'd be at the mercy of the decisions made by social services and the courts.

My girlfriend's twin siblings, ages 12, boy & girl, live w/their mother in Virginia. The mother & father have lost custody in the past & the twins were placed in foster care. The mother & father have histories of drug abuse(alcohol & other subtances). The mother still struggles w/substance & alcohol abuse & is currently in alcohol anonymous & getting treatment to aid her addiction(she still won't confess that she's addicted). The twins currently reside w/their father who has a history of being an abusive drunk. The mother is in a relationship w/ a convicted sex-offender of minors. The mother talks about getting married to him so it'd be okay for the twins to be left alone w/him w/out him getting in trouble w/the law. We believe it's in the best interest of the twins if they lived w/us in Texas, away from all that. They've voiced their concerns multiple times how they live in fear of being taken away & back in foster care. They've multiple times asked if they could live w/us & even told the mother that they wanted to live w/us. Me & my girlfriend have been in a relationship for 3 years. The situation stresses her out because she lived through it when she was younger but came to Texas to live w/her father. I want to help so bad but idk what to do..

You can believe something all you want but legally neither you nor your girlfriend can get custody. You especially can't. Your girlfriend could try to file for guardianship or something but I doubt she would get it. Maybe she can convince her parents to let the kids live with you guys.

If those kids are being abused call CPS.

Back