frustrated by husband to be's ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Okay, I am getting remarried to a very nice man who has a pain in the *** ex-wife. Why is it that she can voluntarily reduce her income (she is one class shy of a masters and was a teacher, then a bank teller and a real estate agent) to such that she now cleans houses part time so that she can receive more child support? If my future husband voluntary reduced his income to reduce the amount of support he paid out that would be unacceptable. But she can make XXX amount of dollars when she was originally making YYY amount of dollars and the court re-adjusts her income so we are now paying her more? She has mainecare, food stamps, and all other help that you can imagine because she feels that everyone should be paying her and helping her rather than working a 40-hour week. Why is that allowed? Why is it also allowed that she can file motion after motion after motion over a relationship that ended three years ago. How do we get this woman to leave us alone? Isn't there anything we can do? Why is she continuing to expect her ex-husband to pay her way through everything. Oh, and they share custody 50/50! 50% here, 50% there. How is it that she can skate through using every system she can find and taking every cost of living raise my future husband gets????!!!! Is there no limit as to what she can take? Isn't there anything in Maine that prevents people from filing frivolously? Will she be able to include my income as household income when we are married? :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back