Friend told me she stole $300+ in Merch. from job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaLeigh

So my stupid, stupid EX-friend told me she's stolen several hundred dollars worth of merchandise from her job at Von Maur.

I told her she should return it, and quit. What can I do as a citizen and a good person to make sure she is reprimanded for her stupidity and crime?

If you have seen the evidence, call the police and call loss and prevention at her department store. If you have not, she can just be making it up.

Well she was a friend, who was stupid for the 100th time, and now I've decided I don't want to be her friend.

But ultimately, because she shouldn't be stealing and I want this wrong turned right. Does that make sense?

You better have concrete evidence to right the wrong then... You can get in trouble for accusing someone of an act and not having proof to support the allegation.

well my friend informed me that she stole from her job. and she asked me what to do. I said it was a stupid move and she should take the stuff back, tell them what she did and beg forgiveness. i'm not after getting her in trouble. she's done that to herself. she told me exactly what she stole and how much it costs. she's got it. i'm just curious exactly how much shit she's gotten herself into. her job already suspects she stole..

and she lied to me about this, because her husband got me involved and she made up a lie about him. then told me that wasn't true and that this is what was going on. i decided to end our friendship for making up the lie about her husband. I feel bad she was dumb enough to make this move of stealing from her work for weeks.

so... they're kind of separate issues as to the event and why i'm not her fan anymore.

I must revert back to what you were told earlier about proof.
You better have concrete evidence to right the wrong then... You can get in trouble for accusing someone of an act and not having proof to support the allegation.
Her statements alone are not proof. You might be better off walking away from this

okay so obviously the posters here are missing the bird. thanks but no thanks for the advice. i understand all that u are saying, but i could go there now, get the stuff and bring it to her boss. it's not that hard. she knows she's in shit.

i wanted to know WHAT i should be doing having this information. and what kind of trouble my "friend" has gotten herself into. I have received those answers other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back