Visitor, Guest Friend Owes Me Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaFlower

I have a friend who was kicked out of his parent's house (both the divorced mother and father's homes) and I let him stay with me. First off, this caused issues because his baby mama lives across the street from me and posted on a social networking site that she and her friends would break into my house and jump me. The true matter is that I let this friend eat my food, use water, and electricity. I also consented to let him borrow my car so he could find a new job (he was fired) and never put gas in it. He has told me (I have records of this) that he would repay me for the gas and also I noticed a dent on my car, obviously I didn't confront him about it. But now that he and I have had a falling out, he wants a belonging he left at my house (Has been here for over a month). I told him that he owes me $100 to cover the utilities and gas. He says that is outrageous (not if you consider where he drove to). Am I allowed to hold on to his one belonging until he repays me? I also thought about contacting his father and having HIM hold onto the to belonging until I receive my repayment. Mostly because I am sure that he bought it in the first place.

He won't pay, and you can't make im by holding his junk hostage.
He can end up suing you for junk worth 50 times what his junk is really worth.
Do you want or need more trouble in your life?
Give his junk to his dad, and let it go.
Don't allow him to set one foot inside your house, and you'll be free of this madness and the deadbeat.
Your home is your secret, quiet, special place.
Don't turn it into a flophouse for bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back