Eviction Defense Friend forced to move

No its not unlawful practice. I'm not a paralegal. So I have no guidelines that I am required to follow. Yes you can be her lawyer. The judge can only agree or disagree. I have studied the courts and lawyers. They aren't better or smarter than We The People We are the courts, The Constitution is not based on what lawyers wrote. Written codes and statutes are lawyers junk added to what they claim is law. Common Law is Law. Not Codes and Statutues
You asked about helping provide evidence and witness testimony. If you can provide this or help the defendant / tenant provide this then that is permissible. What you're obviously not going to be allowed to do is to make legal arguments on your friend's behalf and act as her lawyer. And from the way it sounds, it doesn't seem that you have indicated that this is what she wants you to do nor does it seem required at all.

That said, in most instances I have seen in landlord-tenant court the judges have given tenants much leeway in being able to make a case to prevent eviction. Let's assume you're not your friend's lawyer but a salesperson - what exactly are you selling? You haven't provided that part, only what it appears to be is the mistaken assumption that declaring bankruptcy will stop an eviction indefinitely. But that's not the way it works. So even if you made some type of sale, you're unable to win this case.

As we don't know the details of your friend's case, who clearly needs proper assistance, I'd recommend contacting the local bar association for guidance or some type of social services programs, with which I'm assuming your friend may already be familiar. Do this before it's too late for the reasons given above. If you return to see these answers which unfortunately you refuse to accept, your friend might be under the wrong assumptions. Good luck to her.

Back