Credit Cards, Rating, Repair Fraudulent charges and my liability

Langurel3

Jurisdiction
Texas
On January 2018 , I was extremely sick and in the hospital. When I finally felt better checked my email only to find out that an iPad had been charged to my HSN credit card. Called the credit card company and provided all information I had. This included the address to which the item had been shipped to. Called HSN and told them about the fraudulent charges and how someone had hacked into my account nothing was said about doing a police report . I received a new card and was told by HSN personnel not to add it as a new form of payment until the fraudulent issue was resolved. I did not order anything else. I was concerned about the security of HSN website. Finally received a letter that I was not liable for that purchase. Then I received a letter from HSN that this charge was sent to collections. Spoke with HSN on the phone and she told me that they had sent that charge to collections . They were not able to help me and insinuated I had purchased this item and did not want to pay it I have received a letter from the collection company trying to recover the payment. What can I do to protect myself ?

You've done about all you can do, except file a police report, which should have been done contemporaneously with the discovery of the alleged misdeed.

It's not too late to file a police report today.

The delivery address is known to HSN and you.

The police might find that to be helpful in locating the alleged culprit.

Finally received a letter that I was not liable for that purchase. Then I received a letter from HSN that this charge was sent to collections.

Now you understand that a credit card company is not a court of laws and it's decision means nothing to anybody other than the credit card company.

It's up to you to find and deal with the criminal after you have paid HSN for the item.

Now you understand that a credit card company is not a court of laws and it's decision means nothing to anybody other than the credit card company.

Especially when the creditor is also the purveyor of fine junk allegedly sold to (or stolen by) the miscreant.

Back