Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilliz8706

My friend recently was evicted from his mobile home (although not legally through court, the landlord wrote and sent a thirty day notice) since he only owns the mobile home not the land. Soon after, his sister moved in and transfered all of the bills into her name, leaving the city with an outstanding water bill in my friends name.

Since, his sister was brought up on charges of assault and her brother was visiting her at the mobile home at the time.

Since he was at the mobile home at the time of the assault, and the home was still in his name, the city police are trying to bring up charges of fraud saying that he was staying there the whole time.

I know this to be false because there were many nights that he stayed with me and other friends as he had no other place to go, he is unemployed and that is the only reason he was unable to pay the bill so far.

The officer says that he has a warrant for both him and his sister for fraud yet he is yet to arrest either of them. Also he says that the charges are being looked at by the District attorney but how is that so when no arrest or warrant has been presented to the two of them?

Is it possible for the city to press charges because the mobile home was still in his name even though there is a rental agreement between the landlord and his sister as well as a thirty day notice to evict that was presented to him? Is it even possible that the DA will take it to trial knowing that there are over five people that attest to the fact that he was not staying there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back