Fraud CoSigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre71

In 2011, My aunt filed and affidavit, stating that she could not pay my student loan bill, and that she had no knowledge of my student loan. In regards to me, I became gravely ill and the college forcefully instructed me to take an academic Withdrawl until my health was better. It took sometime, however doing that same time my aunt husband passed and she and my mother were feuding, and I thought that when they forceablly made me sit out, even with medical documentation I was assuming that all of my finical aid and loans would stay in order, because of my illness. I was in the hospital and my servicer of my private loans only, started calling my aunt and she never told me. So she filed an police report, and as soon as I was released from the hospital, I was taken to jail. 9 felonys
I had a terrible attorney, I cried, didn't eat or sleep, but my family all convinced me to take a deal. I DID NOT WANT TO DO IT!!!!! But because of family ties and the fear of the unknown and me not thinking clearly, I accepted a deal. It was the worst mistake of my life. Can anything be done, to help me?

How can I fix this mess, 2 felonys, for something I never did. Where and how do I began? I feel as though I was pressured into taking that deal and I knew it was a mistake? What do I do?

I doubt there is much (if anything) you can do at this time. You can talk to another lawyer but I don't know if it will help.

In 2011, My aunt filed and affidavit, stating that she could not pay my student loan bill, and that she had no knowledge of my student loan. In regards to me, I became gravely ill and the college forcefully instructed me to take an academic Withdrawl until my health was better. It took sometime, however doing that same time my aunt husband passed and she and my mother were feuding, and I thought that when they forceablly made me sit out, even with medical documentation I was assuming that all of my finical aid and loans would stay in order, because of my illness. I was in the hospital and my servicer of my private loans only, started calling my aunt and she never told me. So she filed an police report, and as soon as I was released from the hospital, I was taken to jail. 9 felonys
I had a terrible attorney, I cried, didn't eat or sleep, but my family all convinced me to take a deal. I DID NOT WANT TO DO IT!!!!! But because of family ties and the fear of the unknown and me not thinking clearly, I accepted a deal. It was the worst mistake of my life. Can anything be done, to help me?

Unless you were mentally incompetent at the time, nothing will ever change.
I suggest you speak with a couple of appellate attorneys, and have yourself psychiatrically evaluated.
Bottom line, unless there is medical and psychiatric evidence that PROVES you were UNFIT MENTALLY at trial, or when you signed the plea; sorry, the deal stands!

Pro, I didn't either but I doubted it would change the answers if there were 2 fairly recent felonies. The OP's posts to me are "kind of confusing".

Their was a secret indictment with 8 counts of Theft of Property and 1 stolen Identity. My Bond was $75,000 and the plea deals stated that if I pled guilty to two felonies they then there would dismiss the others. So, they are : Theft of Property over 500. And Identity Theft or Fraud over 500

Their was a secret indictment with 8 counts of Theft of Property and 1 stolen Identity. My Bond was $75,000 and the plea deals stated that if I pled guilty to two felonies they then there would dismiss the others. So, they are : Theft of Property over 500. And Identity Theft or Fraud over 500

I never doubted you, OP.

One thing people rarely do is fail to know exactly what charges ended up as convictions.

Just for clarification, it was a SEALED INDICTMENT.

That's done for several reasons. No need to elaborate on that, OP.

Cosigner Fraud

Giving a brief recap,
In 2007 I graduated from undergrads.
I never needed a cosigner until graduate school.
I enrolled in a dual program for HR
My husband and I share 4 boys and had rented a home for 7 years, the owners wanted to sale the property.
In that same month my husband and I worked for the same organization, and he was terminated. I was an intern in their HR department and was let go as well do to conflict of interest.
We had to find some where to live but without money down and time to save it wasn't an option.
Three people were asked my mom my father my aunt. My mom was declined, my fathers new wife didn't feel comfortable, and my aunt said she would think on it.
The next afternoon she called my mom and said yes, and then she wanted the lenders information.
I explained that my loan my sub and in sub would be disbursed later than usual due to the fact that I was a new student to this program, they wanted to ensure enrollment. I went online and did my portion of the application, and then I was conditionally approved. My aunt and I walked through the Cosigner portal set up, and once that was done. The lender had to verify employment, they needed check stubs, they needed her job title and status. And, after they collected their portion, I would receive an email, stating if i had been approved or not. The next morning my aunt called from work and stated that they had just contacted her. So that evening I got the approval email. The funds were expressed too me, she and I meet at a bank and I opened up a checking account and then other things. We both set up for e signature from then on. Longer story short, I got gravely ill and my school, forceable, made me quit. They excited an academic withdrawl with medical documentation until after I had my I surgery. I did not want to take a break, however the chair over that department would not allow me to continue. I was so sick my entire family had to move in with my mother, to help care for me. My aunt and my mom began feuding about something I didn't have a clue. Shortly after that her husband passed away. After the fact, AES was the servicer of my private loans and they had been calling my aunt to obtain update info on me. She told them she didn't know where I was and had no idea about me. Then she filed an affidavit stating that these were my loans and she could not make payments. Someone mentioned that she was told to do that so that she would be able to afford her home after lossing her husbands income. I was in the hospital 3-5 months and as soon as I was released I was arrested and sent to jail for 8 counts of theft of property and 1 identity theft. This was all a mess, and I had family on one side and my illness on the other, I had a very bad lawyer who begged me to take a deal I did not want to, I waited until the very last day before I did anything. But to make things write I accepted the deal 7 felonies dismissed and I kept I count of theft of property and Identity Theft. I can't work, my life is in shambles, I don't have a clue about my daily objectives. I just want to know if there is any hope for me, because I loss every person I loved and I loss all of my material goods. I hate I signed that deal.

No Amy, not at all I've never been in trouble. I never had to have a cosigner up until that point. My sub and un sub loans have never given me a problem.
I was under the impression that because I had all of my loans grouped together and they were all deferred w forbearance, I thought this would be ok, as long as they don't become mature I'm ok, because if I had any thing to say about it, I would have never stopped trying.
I kid you not, this happened and it has ruined my existence as a working citizen of the United States, I've had to be placed in therapy and on medicine because I have panic attacks that turn into seizures. But all she had to do was tell me, and I would have moved heaven and earth to get her off of my loans.

OP's last two posts are under a different user name.

Okay, let me see if I've got this straight :)

You asked your Aunt to co-sign, or sign herself, and when the loan people asked she told them that she never agreed to any of it and now you're facing charges related to the Aunt basically saying you used her without her consent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back