fraud against the court

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgreen70

I owned property next door to my ex husband. It was in my name with no mortgage and a separate title. The bank foreclosed on his home and sold my property with it at the sheriff sale. I won the judgment in court that the property is mine and it was done deliberately. The problem is now that the people who bought my ex's house also bought and sold my property and now there is a house on it. The attorney I had quit the case because on conflict of interest as he also does work for the bank that has the mortgage for the new home. I am being told about an unjust enrichment law. That I really don't understand. There are several banks and title companies involved with this case and it has been going on for a few years now and I just got a tax bill in the mail for back taxes that are not being paid. Any advice out there please help.

dgreen70@live.c said:
I owned property next door to my ex husband. It was in my name with no mortgage and a separate title. The bank foreclosed on his home and sold my property with it at the sheriff sale. I won the judgment in court that the property is mine and it was done deliberately. The problem is now that the people who bought my ex's house also bought and sold my property and now there is a house on it. The attorney I had quit the case because on conflict of interest as he also does work for the bank that has the mortgage for the new home. I am being told about an unjust enrichment law. That I really don't understand. There are several banks and title companies involved with this case and it has been going on for a few years now and I just got a tax bill in the mail for back taxes that are not being paid. Any advice out there please help.

Yes, unjust enrichment could be in play, as well as conversion.

None of that really matters.

You have a case.

You should hire an attorney.

This is too hard for you to do pro se.

It isn't a small claims case.

This will take a year or so.

Since some idiot built a home on your land, it's doubtful you'll get the land returned.

You will get money.

More than likely, lots of money.

The title insurance company, the attorneys, the real estate agents, and the banks are at risk.

There may be others, but they all have deep pockets.

Bon chance!

I have already won the case and the property is back in my name which makes the mortgage on the property null and void. I have an attorney who wants me to let the taxes go and have it foreclosed and then I bid what is owed to me at the sheriffs auction. I don't have an amount that is owed to me at this point. This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. I don't understand the unjust enrichment either. If someone stole my car and put new tires on it they wouldn't make me give those back.

dgreen70@live.c said:
I have already won the case and the property is back in my name which makes the mortgage on the property null and void. I have an attorney who wants me to let the taxes go and have it foreclosed and then I bid what is owed to me at the sheriffs auction. I don't have an amount that is owed to me at this point. This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. I don't understand the unjust enrichment either. If someone stole my car and put new tires on it they wouldn't make me give those back.

You can't do that.

You have the right of redemption if a property is seized for back taxes for a period of time after the foreclosure.

To do that, you have to pay the taxes owed.

If you owed $2,000 in back taxes, the property was seized by the government, you can't bid on it.

If that were allowed, no one would regularly pay taxes.

Many people would risk bidding a lesser amount at a sheriff's sale.

You can't legally let a friend bid for you and buy it back at a potentially lower price than the back taxes owed.

You have the right of redemption.

If you paid the back taxes, within the statutory time, you get the property back.

Homes seized for back taxes are sold with a cloud on the title.

You might want to speak with another attorney for clarification on your current attorney's scheme or risky (possible illegal) ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back