Framed By management

Status
Not open for further replies.

faq_

I have recently quit my job as a pharmacy technician at a large warehouse ( costco) due to malicious gossip/lies spread by the warehouse assistant manager.
I was subject to regular harrassment and false allegations including poisoning a coworkers water for several months. I was put on antidepressants ans suffered a panic attack because i was so nervous and upset at work.
I had no clue as to why I was being treated in this matter untill one of my abusive co-workers told me that the warehouse manager had told them that I had called them foul names, hated them, and publicly insulted them in a group prep meeting, and this was the source of their anger and distrust for me. Not only was this story entirely fabricated, but I had had not even spoken a word at this meeting and had 13 people to back me up ( one co-worker accually asked one of them and they told her I hadnt even spoken during the meeting)
I had called a meeting with all staff involved to resolve the issue with the iontent of clearing my name and also to let my co-workers that I did not feel that way about them.
When I requested the presents of some of the people who attended the meeting I was told by the assistant manager that i was not intitled as I had caused enough dammage already.
My boss pointed out that it was infact she ( assistant warehouse manager) who had told them about the incedent. She in turn denied all accusations and the meeting ended. apologies were made between myself and the co-werkers involed, however I made an amicable transfer to annother department.
On my first day at my new job the manager came to me and frimly told me that he " didnt want any of my additude and poor workmanship displayed at my other department and only hired me because he was forced to"
I asked him who made these comments as I knoew my boss in the pahrmacy did not want me to leave and that I am infact a good worker and had since become friends.
He told me that the assistant warehouse manager told him not to hire me and that I would probably quit the company and leave if I didnt get the job. I had been employed by the company for 6 years so it was impossible not to let me transfer.
Later that month I had heard how i had been "told about my bad additude and big mouth" by the assistant warehouse manager in the cafeteria by a regular co-worker.
It was at that point I decided to leave.
The assistant manager has no idea that I accually know it was her who made up the lies. I have proof that she lied and witnesses to back it all up.

Do I have a Defamation of Character case here or any other case?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back