Parole, Probation Four months Probation Left-About to be Homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip

Greetings,

I got sentenced to 2 years probation back in Sept. 2008- adjudication withheld. I did 100 hours of community service but still owe $2500 in court costs/fees.
Shortly after I got arrested I lost my job and then lost the house. I've been putting in the mandatory job searches but haven't been able to get a job. I was staying with my dad but he moved to AL. So I have been staying with a friend. Now they are moving to AK and I have no where else to go. I got a list of shelters here in the area and they either want money or you have to enter a drug/alcohol abuse program to stay there.
Since I only have 4 months left I was planning on leaving the county to violate and finish the 4 months in jail. My P.O. has been telling me I should lie and say I am an addict so I can get a place to stay. If that doesn't work not to worry, they will not violate me for being homeless. I just want to get the 4 months over with. I'd rather be in jail than out on the streets.
When I get out of jail I will have more options of staying with relatives instead of being in a shelter.
How would sitting my last 4 months in jail effect my sentence? Will the violation add a lot more time to the 4 months? Will adjudication still be withheld?
Thanks in advance.

You really don't ever want to violate probation.
Probation is a privilege based on your promise.
Keep your promise, keep the privilege of probation, the state keeps its promise to you!
Why not ask your probation officer if you can go live with your father for the last four months of your probation?
You should have done that many months ago.
But, it isn't too late to ask now.
If you get violated, you could get sentenced to the ENTIRE maximum of your original sentence.
You wouldn't do it in jail, either.
Once you're revoked, you are sent to PRISON.
You would forever be a convicted FELON!
You have a second chance at a new life.
Don't blow it after you've gotten this close.
You would then NOT be eligible to have your record wiped clean.

By the way, don't lie about anything, even being an addict.

Tell the truth, or keep your mouth shut.

So, ask you PO what process is needed to serve the remaining time of your probation in AK or AL?

Or, ask you PO is he/she could recommend your early release from probation so you won't be homeless and can go live with your dad in AL or your friend in AK?

You really don't ever want to violate probation.
Probation is a privilege based on your promise.
Keep your promise, keep the privilege of probation, the state keeps its promise to you!
Why not ask your probation officer if you can go live with your father for the last four months of your probation?
You should have done that many months ago.
But, it isn't too late to ask now.
If you get violated, you could get sentenced to the ENTIRE maximum of your original sentence.
You wouldn't do it in jail, either.
Once you're revoked, you are sent to PRISON.
You would forever be a convicted FELON!
You have a second chance at a new life.
Don't blow it after you've gotten this close.
You would then NOT be eligible to have your record wiped clean.

By the way, don't lie about anything, even being an addict.

Tell the truth, or keep your mouth shut.

So, ask you PO what process is needed to serve the remaining time of your probation in AK or AL?

Or, ask you PO is he/she could recommend your early release from probation so you won't be homeless and can go live with your dad in AL or your friend in AK?

I put in for a transfer right after I got sentenced. I was told I would have to have a job waiting for me when I got there. So that didn't work out. I explained the situation again last week and was told that with only 4 months left it would be too late to try and transfer now.
Every job interview I've had over the past 20 months has turned me down as soon as they see I'm on probation.
I will ask about an early release. But I'm guessing they want their money. If they extend my probation it will only make things worse for me and I still won't be able to pay them.
How do I know what the original sentence is? These were my first offenses.
Thank you.

I put in for a transfer right after I got sentenced. I was told I would have to have a job waiting for me when I got there. So that didn't work out. I explained the situation again last week and was told that with only 4 months left it would be too late to try and transfer now.
Every job interview I've had over the past 20 months has turned me down as soon as they see I'm on probation.
I will ask about an early release. But I'm guessing they want their money. If they extend my probation it will only make things worse for me and I still won't be able to pay them.
How do I know what the original sentence is? These were my first offenses.
Thank you.

What was the underlying crime for which you were convicted?

Ask your PO if you can go live with your dad for the last four months.

You could report back every month to see him or her.

Or, they could allow you to report to Alabama PO on a courtesy basis for four months, until you have served your time.

If you want them to do something for you, you have to BEG.
You have to be humble and show contriteness.
Sure, it sucks, but so does PRISON.
You get revoked, you will go to PRISON.

This was no doubt some kind of felony.
I guess if they revoke you, you'll do anywhere from 2 to 5 years, maybe more!
If you think getting a job is hard, wait until you get out of prison.
That felony will never go away.
This one will be gone, if you complete just 4 more months.
Have you tried the Salvation Army?

What was the underlying crime for which you were convicted?

Ask your PO if you can go live with your dad for the last four months.

You could report back every month to see him or her.

Or, they could allow you to report to Alabama PO on a courtesy basis for four months, until you have served your time.

If you want them to do something for you, you have to BEG.
You have to be humble and show contriteness.
Sure, it sucks, but so does PRISON.
You get revoked, you will go to PRISON.

This was no doubt some kind of felony.
I guess if they revoke you, you'll do anywhere from 2 to 5 years, maybe more!
If you think getting a job is hard, wait until you get out of prison.
That felony will never go away.
This one will be gone, if you complete just 4 more months.
Have you tried the Salvation Army?
Concealed firearm and possession of a rx without a rx.

I understand I have to be humble. I made the mistake and have to deal with it.
It just seems the P.O.'s have been giving me the run around. They threaten to violate me for not showing up on time to report or if I fail a drug test. Now that I offer to violate and turn myself in, they don't want me to and would rather I lie to stay at a drug/alc abuse program or that I'm out on the streets. It makes no sense.
I went to the local outreach center and they only have a list of 5 shelters for men. Those all either want money or they are a 12 step program. They have plenty of places for women and children, but nothing for men. This is a smaller town. The lady there said it might be my best bet to serve the last four months in the county and that I might get out early. My friend will only be in Alaska for 6 months. I have no way of reaching my dad. He left and didn't say anything. My only real option is my aunt in KS, and that isn't even a sure thing. I do not have a close relationship with any of my family and was overseas for half of my life. So i might be screwed either way.
I will see if there is a Salvation Army here though. I will also ask if they will consider an early release as well.

Again thank you for your time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back