forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario

A country domain name (.gr) belongs to ourNon profitable organization and hosts a site and a forum for that organization . A group has the same name but a .com domain . My organization and the other group have similar objectives. Our organization is a non profitable club tha is registered in my country . Is there anything we can do since the .com site and forum uses te same name ?

And , some members of our non profitable club that have access to restricted areas in our forum have copy pasted material from those areas to the other site/domain without the aproval of our club. Those members will be expanged from our club but the material will surelly remain in the new .com domain . Is there anything we can do ?

P.S . Our non profitable club has membership fees and the restricted areas on our forum and site are for members only.

mario said:
A country domain name (.gr) belongs to ourNon profitable organization and hosts a site and a forum for that organization . A group has the same name but a .com domain . My organization and the other group have similar objectives. Our organization is a non profitable club tha is registered in my country . Is there anything we can do since the .com site and forum uses te same name ?

And , some members of our non profitable club that have access to restricted areas in our forum have copy pasted material from those areas to the other site/domain without the aproval of our club. Those members will be expanged from our club but the material will surelly remain in the new .com domain . Is there anything we can do ?

P.S . Our non profitable club has membership fees and the restricted areas on our forum and site are for members only.
I'm unsure what you are talking about other than the fact that there is another site with the same name as yours with a .com domain name. If the other site has copyrighted material of yours posted on their site then what you should do is send a letter to the site's owner, eventually certified mail in the event that they don't take it down via email, demanding that the copyrighted material be removed from their site. That's a good first step. Did you do that?

How about asking your members to remove the material? Then you can decide what to do about their access to your private forum areas.

thank you for your help .

We will do just that .

Furthermore , what i was trying to say is that our url is copyrighted since it is in our registered seal that was submitted to the courts when our organization was founded . The offending forum has used the same url but it is .com instead of .gr. Kind of like lets say ours was www.anythinggoes.gr and theirs www.anythinggoes.com. Is there anything we can do about that?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back