Forum Harrasement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenara

I am sure this has been said several times before, but I do believe that my case is slightly different from most.

For months now I have been harrased/sexually harrased on a forum, I did my best to ignore it, wouldn't visit the site long after that, but then they started to frequent at places I was at and continue to harrass me. Again I try to leave it be. From forum harrasement it evolved into them threatening to hack me, to random emails, to saying they were going to send me letters. Normally I wouldn't believe that but a old friend of mine has joined in on the friend and has practically offered up my address.

Normally I would try to contact the webmaster but that's another problem because the webmaster is one of the main people who have been harrasing me.

I'm not sure what I can do to stop this and I'd really like some advice on this, I've reported them to VB etc, but I got no reply and from what I could see they didn't even investigate whats so ever.

Is there a reason you frequent this particular forum where you are being harrassed? I find it very disturbing that the webmaster is involved. Seems the site should be avoided completley.

Try finding out who the web host and ISP are and report them there.

I don't frequent at this forum, the people come onto my forums and try to start an invasion also they send emails :S

hobartimus provides what is probably the best solution. No host wants to be involved in hosting such activity and I'll bet that it is in violation of their terms of service. You may want to look at it before you send your letter and point out the violations to the host.

Vbulletin will not be of any help whatsoever. They only create forum software and are not involved here. If the postings become dangerous to your physical health then you may want to report these people to the police as it could constitute a real threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back