Computer Crimes, Hacking Former Threatening To Send Pics To Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

flora1

To start with, I knew what I was doing initally when I agreed to send pics of myself and an ex to the former boss ( who I did have a physical relationship with over 15 yrs ago) I also had the ex's consent to do so.
Now a year later the former boss who is obsessed with my every move, my every moment of every day sent me an email yesterday threatening to send those same pics to my job to show them what kind of a person I am. He says he loves me and will do what ever he has to do to fight for me, even if it means I lose my job. He said I am the only one he wants to have "skype sex" with. I don't do that and haven't done that, the idea itself makes my skin crawl. I have been emailing him back and forth yes, I didn't know what else to do. I thought if I staved him off by keeping contact with him I was safe, when in reality it seems it just stoked his imagination.
I have blocked him off my facebook and I will sever all ties to my online existence if need be. I don't know what else to do and will take any suggestions seriously.
I do have the emails he's sent me to recently, to include the threatening ones and the conversation I did have with him on skype yesterday in chat, not video.

Ignore him.

If he sends the pics, speak with a lawyer and file suit against him.

I'd also speak with law enforcement before he sends those pics to see if what he's proposing is a crime in your state.

This doesn't sound like anything that would be considered a criminal threat.
You sent him the pictures so he can do what he wants with them for the most part.

If you wanted you could consider getting a restraining order against him. Typical language in a restraining order is to not contact you, annoy, harass, etc.... and sending such pictures to your employer makes a pretty good argument that he is harrassing you. That doesn't stop him from sending the pictures, which you can't do anything to prevent- but it does give you a possible recourse if he follows through.

On the other hand, serving him a restraining order might push him over the edge and further into cuckoo land.

If you think he really may send the pics then maybe you should warn your new boss of the situation. Extortion is not the case hear unless he tries get money or something like that from you to prevent him releasing the photos. Ignore him in all ways. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back