Former tenant, invasive guest.

cdleerose11

Jurisdiction
California
I am managing an apartment complex and a problem tenant was given a 30 day notice, which she acknowledged and moved out. She was gone for a week or so, then, we discovered she had moved into another tenants apartment as a guest. While on the street, her daughter had her picked up as a 51/50 or, danger to herself.
How do we get rid of her?

I am managing an apartment complex and a problem tenant was given a 30 day notice, which she acknowledged and moved out. She was gone for a week or so, then, we discovered she had moved into another tenants apartment as a guest. While on the street, her daughter had her picked up as a 51/50 or, danger to herself.
How do we get rid of her?

You can always call the police when trespassers are discovered, or if you wish to have her criminally trespassed by the police agency enforcing the laws where you reside and work.

You can speak with the tenant about the rules for guests visiting your tenants, and instruct him/her regarding the lease.

You failed to EVICT the person legally.
You asked her/him/it to leave, and it/she/he left the unit in question.
Any legal actions transpiring off of your premises isn't relevant to what the person does on your property.

You can also work with the person's relative to see that the person gets the mental health assistance she/he/it seems to need.

Good luck.

It is not unusual for the lease to indicate how long guests may stay. Does yours address this?
If so, and if the time has expired, notify that tenant that the guest must leave. I doubt the tenant will risk their own eviction.
Guests are temporary, not indefinite.

You can always call the police when trespassers are discovered, or if you wish to have her criminally trespassed by the police agency enforcing the laws where you reside and work.

You can speak with the tenant about the rules for guests visiting your tenants, and instruct him/her regarding the lease.

You failed to EVICT the person legally.
You asked her/him/it to leave, and it/she/he left the unit in question.
Any legal actions transpiring off of your premises isn't relevant to what the person does on your property.

You can also work with the person's relative to see that the [erson gets the mental health assistance she/he/it seems to need.

Good luck.[/QUOTE

Back