Consumer Law, Warranties Former partner denies money due

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwise62

When selling my agency to the two remaining executives the agreed upon price was $600,000. In the interest of avoiding taxes a written agreement covering the first $350,000 was signed. The remaining monies, agreed upon by all three parties while together in the same room, was to be paid "over time" in a manner that might avoid a high tax burden.

After three years with all of the written contracted sums being paid on schedule and some of the "soft" monies, one of the two executives denied the existence of said agreement and refused any further obligation. As he had fired the other executive present during the agreement, he has total control of disbursements.

The fired executive is willing to give sworn testimony as to the deal and has provided me with documentation of some "soft" money having been paid on my behalf (credit card charges,office equipment purchases, etc.).

Of course I am willing to testify as to the terms of the deal. Do I have a course of action to force collection of the remaining monies ($215,000) due me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back