Parole, Probation formal probation violation for petty theft given a ticket

Sfin

I was placed on formal probation 6 months ago for commercial burg. I see my probation officer once a month. last month he praised me for volunteering to go into a treatment program for help ( V.A.- P.T.S.D. treatment) and not getting into any trouble. Well this past weekend I was stopped for petty theft, arrested, taken to a substation before transport to a holding jail until court. I was told that the officers will see if I am eligible for a cite and release at the sub station. I told him I was on formal probation he said ok well we will see. I get there for the process some time goes by and the officer comes to give me my hoodie and @ that time I asked if I was eligible knowing in the back of my head their was no chance. He told me from what he saw "No" because of my probation but they were taking me to Van Nuys jail and they may decide to allow it. I knew no chance. 10 minutes later an officer ( Corporal ) comes and ask me if I was the petty theft guy. I replied and he said he had not seen me around before & asked how I got out that way, where I currently reside, then stated that he was going to process me, write me a ticket then be on my way. I was shocked by this and expected he was not aware of my probation. In the next hour he finger printed me, ran them wrote me a ticket, released me and asked me to wait in the lounge for the arresting officers to return with my property. When the officer came with my property he stated that I was fortunate that this officer came on duty because he was more of an expert in regards to petty theft and the mall I was arrested at. I said thank you repeatedly and left.
I was relieved to be released but the new issues still exist. This took place on a Saturday now it is Monday and I am obligated to notify my probation officer if I get into any issues with the L.A.P.D. which I am about to do. I am curious as to how/ why I was released in the 1st place and not held for a probation hold as all I've seen are always in jail on a hold for at least 10 days until the probation officer sorts thru everything, makes his recommendation then most likely released or given violation time then upon release back to probation again. Also what are my likely options @ this point? Is it possible I can convince my "PO" not to violate me and allow me to go with a warning or will I be facing some type of jail time? As I said previously, I am in a Residential treatment facility @ the V.A. for P.T.S.D. and I'm not mentally stable @ the moment. I am also on Methadone which I've begged to be taken off of and been refused. It makes me more depressed, agitated, irrational @ times and I really make poor choices, decisions. I messed up. I am guilty of the petty theft. I do not have a rational excuse for why I did it. I have everything I want or need. I was sick for two days prior to this, hadn't slept or eaten because I was sick and two days prior I was increased on my dose which always has a negative impact on me psychically and mentally. Lastly, @ this time I cannot afford an attorney.
I got out of the Army and since then I have been on a downward spiral since losing everything in my life. My son which I adore and live for was placed into temporary care because of everything going on, my wife was an addict, repeatedly cheating, stealing from me and other people, would not help raise our son which I did 24/7 and loved but i was struggling so bad mentally that I was drowning myself into my son. I would spend literally every waking moment in him, playing, watching movies, we did everything together. I eventually got into drugs that my wife was using and begged her to agree to send our son to my family which is financially stable and safe which she refused. Eventually he was taken illegally however justifiably for him and his own good. I was devastated and gave up on my life.
For 10 months I used heroin and meth got arrested a hand full of times violated summery probation a few times, spent 30 days, 10 days, and lastly 2 1/2 months in county jail. I had visitation with my son every Sunday and called him 3 to 4 times a week. When I went to jail it really caused him some pain and confusion. My separate wife said that he tries to get every moment he can with me because he doesn't know when I will disappear again (jail) I cannot do this to him again and I need help in the worst possible way.
I am not a bad person. I love my family and most of all my son. Between my deployments in Iraq/ Afghanistan and the issues with my wife then my own mistakes I have completely fallen apart. I am trying to get help but it seems li9ke I am nothing but a criminal when prior to this past year I had never really gotten into trouble I was a Sheriff Deputy for 2 years and Army for 10 years. Now I am nothing and I am trying to find a way to get through this mess of a life and be successful but this potential violation will put the final dagger into my life and I'll lose everything.
Please help

I was placed on formal probation 6 months ago for commercial burg. I see my probation officer once a month. last month he praised me for volunteering to go into a treatment program for help ( V.A.- P.T.S.D. treatment) and not getting into any trouble. Well this past weekend I was stopped for petty theft, arrested, taken to a substation before transport to a holding jail until court. I was told that the officers will see if I am eligible for a cite and release at the sub station. I told him I was on formal probation he said ok well we will see. I get there for the process some time goes by and the officer comes to give me my hoodie and @ that time I asked if I was eligible knowing in the back of my head their was no chance. He told me from what he saw "No" because of my probation but they were taking me to Van Nuys jail and they may decide to allow it. I knew no chance. 10 minutes later an officer ( Corporal ) comes and ask me if I was the petty theft guy. I replied and he said he had not seen me around before & asked how I got out that way, where I currently reside, then stated that he was going to process me, write me a ticket then be on my way. I was shocked by this and expected he was not aware of my probation. In the next hour he finger printed me, ran them wrote me a ticket, released me and asked me to wait in the lounge for the arresting officers to return with my property. When the officer came with my property he stated that I was fortunate that this officer came on duty because he was more of an expert in regards to petty theft and the mall I was arrested at. I said thank you repeatedly and left.
I was relieved to be released but the new issues still exist. This took place on a Saturday now it is Monday and I am obligated to notify my probation officer if I get into any issues with the L.A.P.D. which I am about to do. I am curious as to how/ why I was released in the 1st place and not held for a probation hold as all I've seen are always in jail on a hold for at least 10 days until the probation officer sorts thru everything, makes his recommendation then most likely released or given violation time then upon release back to probation again. Also what are my likely options @ this point? Is it possible I can convince my "PO" not to violate me and allow me to go with a warning or will I be facing some type of jail time? As I said previously, I am in a Residential treatment facility @ the V.A. for P.T.S.D. and I'm not mentally stable @ the moment. I am also on Methadone which I've begged to be taken off of and been refused. It makes me more depressed, agitated, irrational @ times and I really make poor choices, decisions. I messed up. I am guilty of the petty theft. I do not have a rational excuse for why I did it. I have everything I want or need. I was sick for two days prior to this, hadn't slept or eaten because I was sick and two days prior I was increased on my dose which always has a negative impact on me psychically and mentally. Lastly, @ this time I cannot afford an attorney.
I got out of the Army and since then I have been on a downward spiral since losing everything in my life. My son which I adore and live for was placed into temporary care because of everything going on, my wife was an addict, repeatedly cheating, stealing from me and other people, would not help raise our son which I did 24/7 and loved but i was struggling so bad mentally that I was drowning myself into my son. I would spend literally every waking moment in him, playing, watching movies, we did everything together. I eventually got into drugs that my wife was using and begged her to agree to send our son to my family which is financially stable and safe which she refused. Eventually he was taken illegally however justifiably for him and his own good. I was devastated and gave up on my life.
For 10 months I used heroin and meth got arrested a hand full of times violated summery probation a few times, spent 30 days, 10 days, and lastly 2 1/2 months in county jail. I had visitation with my son every Sunday and called him 3 to 4 times a week. When I went to jail it really caused him some pain and confusion. My separate wife said that he tries to get every moment he can with me because he doesn't know when I will disappear again (jail) I cannot do this to him again and I need help in the worst possible way.
I am not a bad person. I love my family and most of all my son. Between my deployments in Iraq/ Afghanistan and the issues with my wife then my own mistakes I have completely fallen apart. I am trying to get help but it seems li9ke I am nothing but a criminal when prior to this past year I had never really gotten into trouble I was a Sheriff Deputy for 2 years and Army for 10 years. Now I am nothing and I am trying to find a way to get through this mess of a life and be successful but this potential violation will put the final dagger into my life and I'll lose everything.
Please help

All you can do is be thankful for the Corporal who allowed you to be "cited and released".

Now you must be truthful when you tell your PO.
You must show remorse, contrition, and be apologetic.

You must profusely, but sincerely apologize; and then ask your PO: "Is there anyway you can help expedite me getting into a residential treatment program? I realy need the help for my PTSD (and any other issues). I want to fix me and my life. You've bene kind to me, and maybe you can do me one more favor."

Now, here's the good news, and the dirty little secret.
Many states (California is but one), are having budget issues.
Those states, can't afford to lock up petty criminals, that's why consideration and deliberation was given to yoru plight over the weekend.

With that said, its up to you, buddy.

Contact the VA, your US Congressperson, both US senators' and ask all of them if they can help expedite you getting into a PTSD and whatever other treament programs you require.

One of them (maybe all of them) will help, but YOU must reach out to them.

I wish you well, and bon chance.

Back