Family, Other Forgot to mention Misdemeanors on I-130

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samm

I have been overseas, whereas my wife lives in Chicago who is born american citizen and applied I-130 for an immigrant visa. I have lived in US for almost 10 years and was deported on visa overstay and was barred for 10 years which was over in 2014. When we applied for I-130, I forgot to mention the misdemeanor cases and only mentioned the one I remembered but had no recollection of the correct date, so I just guessed and was off almost an year on that, because I did not have any documents from the last stay as I was deported and forgot a whole lot of events happened, more than couple of decades ago. The immigration counselor at the embassy asked me about the cases, to which I did tell him that I don't remember much because its been a while and I was truly honest cause I didn't remember any, then there was a call from the embassy that they found a case and I should submit the papers for them. I then checked with the county court clerk of the city I was residing and found out that I have three misdemeanor, one of them shows :"Dismissed" and the other two shows :"Complete". I am not sure what to do now. Please advice. Thank you.

You report the information you discovered to the embassy official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back