Forgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

militarydad

Can someone help me? I filed charges on my ex wife for forgeing checks in my name for a good some of money while i was deployed to Iraq. I am in Louisiana and that is where i filed charges. She verbally agreed to pay me my money back, I believed her and called and dropped the charges, the next day she called and told me she wasn't paying me a penny. Can I press charges again?

Originally posted by militarydad:
Can someone help me? I filed charges on my ex wife for forgeing checks in my name for a good some of money while i was deployed to Iraq. I am in Louisiana and that is where i filed charges. She verbally agreed to pay me my money back, I believed her and called and dropped the charges, the next day she called and told me she wasn't paying me a penny. Can I press charges again?
It may be difficult if you dropped the charges formally but then again, it is possible that the charges could be brought because they were made on the basis of restitution. However, you can always sue her in civil court (not criminal charges) on the debt which might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back