Foreign film distributor won't pay broadcast license fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunkerbill

An international film distributor has a breech of contract dispute with my domestic distributor. The foreign distributor refuses to pay the license fees owed. I haven't been paid a dime and my film is being broadcast via satellite to 120+ countries with 'unlimited runs'. The film has been broadcast dozens of times and is airing again tonight. All the potential broadcast deals I am being offered are falling out due to the dispute. My DVD sales are dropping due to the continuous broadcasts of my film in these territories. I have now been told that if I am ever paid, it would amount to " a few hundred dollars". I have now re-acquired all my rights to the film, except the international broadcast rights, due to this dispute. Can I get my rights back, money owed to me, my masters, and damages?

This is a complicated issue. I would say yes, you are likely entitled to compensation owed to you. The real challenge is who is ultimately liable for what vand how much it may cost to get what is owed to you, should prosecution be necessary. You need to speak to an attorney who can review your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back