Other Debt Foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadie1956

I reside and own a home in the Catskill Mountains of N.Y. State. I am twelve years into a fifteen year mortgage on said home. My mortgage holder has always provided monthly payment booklets, for payments on said mortgage. In August of 2012, my last payment booklet was completed. No replacement was supplied, even upon numerous requests. No other type of monthly statement was substituted. In good faith, I continued sending estimated payments thru November 2012. Thereafter, I stopped making payments. This being necessary, because I did not know (fluctuated with the Liper) the proper sum. Mortgage holder now has filed a foreclosure motion against me. I view this as a contrived act by mortgage holder, to portray me as in default. I have answered said motion. Does anyone have a view / insight as to the outcome to my situation?

I reside and own a home in the Catskill Mountains of N.Y. State. I am twelve years into a fifteen year mortgage on said home. My mortgage holder has always provided monthly payment booklets, for payments on said mortgage. In August of 2012, my last payment booklet was completed. No replacement was supplied, even upon numerous requests. No other type of monthly statement was substituted. In good faith, I continued sending estimated payments thru November 2012. Thereafter, I stopped making payments. This being necessary, because I did not know (fluctuated with the Liper) the proper sum. Mortgage holder now has filed a foreclosure motion against me. I view this as a contrived act by mortgage holder, to portray me as in default. I have answered said motion. Does anyone have a view / insight as to the outcome to my situation?

You should have kept sending payments to the last known address using the last known payment method.

Most lenders allow on-line payments, so you might have investigated that method.

Or, you could have been more diligent in obtaining an answer to your queries.

You could also have placed the payment amount you had been paying in an escrow account and notified the lender of your actions.

All you can do now is attempt to pay the amount alleged to be in default.

Ignorance is no excuse.

All adults functioning in our society are presumed to be informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back