1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Foreclosure complaint answers

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by James.E.Johnson, Feb 17, 2016.

  1. James.E.Johnson

    James.E.Johnson Law Topic Starter Guest

    Hi to all Attorney's that read my questions. I need to know, if I live out of state and I am in foreclosure, do I need to seek counsel in my current state or the state where the complaint is issued?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You need an attorney that can practice before the bar in the state where the foreclosure action is scheduled to be heard.

    However, any out of state lawyer you retain will require expense money to travel to the state where you're being foreclosed.

Share This Page