FMLA Colorado Law Eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguera2453

I am trying to figure out if I am eligible for maternity leave. The owner of the local company incorporated all her stores separately to make it look like she only has 10-18 employees only. So the law in Colorado states that I need to work at a location with at least 50 employees within a 75-mile radius. So does that mean all of her locations because she owns at least 5, she franchised the rest out? Or just my location, which only has 11 people working there.
I don't want to assume I'm going on leave then I don't get a job back because I am not eligible.

Please let me know!

The requirements for FMLA are:
1) You have worked for this employer for 12 months or more. (these months do not need to be consecutive but do have to be within the past 7 years).
2) You worked at least 1,250 hours for the employer in the 12 months immediately preceding the leave.
3.) The employer has a minimum of 50 employees within a 75 mile radius of your work location. (50 or more employees for each working day during each of 20 or more calendar workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year).
4.) You or a qualified dependent has a serious health condition as defined by the statute. (Your pregnancy would qualify.)

Your employer needs at least 50 or more employees within a 75 mi. radius of your work location. It doesn't matter how many shops are within the 75 mi. radius as long as the employees total 50. Example -3 shops with 20 employees each would qualify.

Last edited:
Just a note that Co. does not have its own Family & Medical Leave law so Co. follows the Federal FMLA law which I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back