Florida Woman's Petition to Re-Enter Doomed Condo Denied

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Jurisdiction
Florida
A senior citizen who was hoping to save her cat from the Champlain Towers South condo being demolished in a control demolition, saw her petition denied.

Woman's bid to save pet rejected before remaining condo razed

Apparently firefighters couldn't save the cat and others weren't willing to enter the building, especially after seeing Champlain Towers North implode and collpase just last week. In such an instance, it would also seem that more than a waiver might be demanded, perhaps even some monetary guaratee regarding any costs incurred with assisting or saving a person who entered the building. I think this is the result of the pressure of an impending weather event that may bring the second building down and potentially impact neighboring buildings.

Wow. Thanks for the article and had no idea that this was an animal rights advocate.

Unfortunately , someone I met briefly who is friends with sevearl of my colleagues was confirmed found. Barring miracles of people returning from a vacation while being disconnected from the grid, it seems the news will likely be what is expected. And the lawsuits will eventually arise. My condolences to the families of those who perished in this tragedy.

Back