Florida traffic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrfl03

I live in Orlando and recently received a ticket for running a red light (it was yellow, of course). I have a couple of questions: 1. the officer put the wrong date on the citation, this happened on 9/27 and he dated it 7/27. Apparently the records reflect 7/27 as well, as this is what's stated on the Orange County Clerk's website. Does this error give me any advantage in trying to get out of this ticket? Also, since the rules state I have 30 calendar days to request a hearing or satisfy the citation, how does the error affect that?
2. If I were to elect the traffic school option, it states that points are withheld and "adjudication is withheld" on my driving record. In the context of my driving record, what does this mean?

Is it better to take option 2 rather than fight it and run the risk of being found guilty?

Thanks for your time and thoughts....

lwpat said:
A Red Light traffic ticket is very hard to beat since it is your word against the officers. Your best option is to take the traffic school. Most Florida jurisdictions now accept online. Here is a link with more information

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?lcode=4013

Isn't it always your word against the officer's?... Does anyone know the answer to the second part of my question?? Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back