Flirty the Service Animal Takes Flight

army judge

Super Moderator
flirty.JPG

flirty2.JPG

(This is ONE of the reasons why I consider alternative travel options in lieu of being packed into an aluminum pipe at 35,000 feet above the planet Earth.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan Nowak said he noticed the animal, which had been brought onboard by a fellow traveller, while flying on an a service from Chicago to Omaha.

He posted the footage to Twitter, which showed the horse calmly sitting near the front of the plane in an aisle seat.

He added: "At this time we would like to begin boarding with any active duty military, families travelling with children under the age of 3, and horses..."

Another passenger, Amberley Babbage, also spotted the animal at check in, tweeting: "There was a small horse in line at the airport today and I'm so curious about it. #ORD"

The horse was later revealed to be called Flirty - and even has its own Twitter and Instagram account.

They wrote: "Flirty and I took to the skies, yesterday! It was a great experience and I learned a lot. Flirty was FANTASTIC and handled it all like a pro.

"That being said, I'm going to keep travelling by car, it's just easier on Flirty. Flying will be reserved for emergencies and such."

They added: "It's just too difficult to make sure Flirty doesn't inconvenience other passengers.

"Because my airport is smaller, the planes are smaller and don't have solid bulkheads. Flirty couldn't help jostling seat of the person in the last row of first class every time she moved.

"Once we got up to cruising altitude, she took a nap and was very quiet. But she had to rebalance quite a bit while ascending and descending and kept bumping the back of their seat through the curtain 'bulkhead.'"

According to the American Airlines website, trained miniature horses are permitted on flights as service animals.

In mid-August, the US Department of Transportation announced that miniature horses still were allowed to fly as service animals in all cabins of commercial planes, in a statement aiming to define the guidelines regarding protections for emotional support and psychiatric service cats, dogs and the tiny equines.

The announcement didn't bind airlines to fly all service miniature horses by law, but did allude to penalties if carriers violated the new rule, WWJ reported. The Department of Transportation had not banned mini horses previously.

According to the American Miniature Horse Association, the animals often stand between two and three feet tall and weigh between 150 and 250 pounds, with an average life span of at least 30 years.

Last year, Southwest Airlines also announced they would allow miniature horses as service animals onto the flight.

However, Delta Airlines has banned any emotional support animals on flights over eight hours.

Sun Online Travel has contacted American Airlines for comment.

American Airlines passenger brings miniature horse onto a flight

It amazes me how many people now-a-days need to be emotionally supported. And how incredibly outlandish their ESA are. And how the rest of the world is expected to put up with this crap. What happens if someone on the flight is allergic to: cat, dog, pig, horse, ect...and has a asthma attack...is that the price THEY have to pay in order to fly cross country? smh...

ETA: With that said....Flirty is wicked cute.

What happens if someone on the flight is allergic to: cat, dog, pig, horse, ect

My wife and I are both allergic to cats, some dogs.

When we observe cats or dogs on an aircraft, we voluntarily evict ourselves.

We simply advise the gate agent of our problem, and ask to be rebooked on a later flight.

Only you can ensure your health and avoid unnecessary, nasty disputes.

Once the flight has been rebooked, we get a nearby airport hotel and enjoy a little quiet time.

We don't react like this guy did:

Local man sues American Airlines, claims racial discrimination

Back