Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse first time offense,simple possession/possession of paraphernalia NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

army123

hi i need some help, im in the army national guard and today me and a friend were caught smoking a bowl of weed in the park,we were very cooperative and honest with the officer gave them everything we had, and were charged with simple possession, and possession of paraphernalia, we were caught with maybe a gram and a half of marijuana, and a bowl,we were both cuffed but not arrested, only issued a complaint and summons and told we probably receive probation. ive never been in trouble with the law before and i know i have like 24 hours to report this to my unit, what should i do? i dont want to get kicked out the army for this. im not a thug or criminal or anything, and all though its not a good reason, the reason i smoked the weed was because i have ALOT of stressful situations going on and drinking just makes it worse(so does weed apparently) also all though i did smoke the weed i did not possess weed or weed paraphenalia, and the officer who stopped us clearly saw this when he searched us, so could i still be charged with possession of any kind? i dont know what to do at all. hopefully someone can help!

Last edited:
You are innocent until proven guilty.

Report the incident to your chain of command.

Tell them you are pleading not guilty.

Plead not guilty when you appear in court.

Hire an attorney, or ask the court to appoint one for you.

This is the most important instruction.

Shut up about this.

Tell no one about this (after you've done as instructed above), except your lawyer.

If you're lucky, very lucky, this might all go away.

Be patient.

Stop using any illegal substances.

Stress is no excuse.

And, one more time once, shut up; just shut up!!!!

this is the only place that ive talked about the situation to. i know i have the right to remain silent and will do so. i simply made a bad choice for a bad reason, and have quite rightly learned my lesson, im just worried about getting kicked out of the army for taking 2 hits of weed. lastly although ive never had anything against the use of marijuana personally(also quite aware that doesnt make it ok) , but im not a pot head and im not into the whole 420 thing, but i did allow a stressful situation get the best of me and did something stupid. and i dont intend to use an illegal substance again for any reason, its not worth it. thanks for your help army judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back