Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication First time offense, drinking ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellssoccer

I am 20 years old and just received my first ever ticket which is also a drinking ticket. I was given a ticket by the ALE, and when they walked in I had no alcohol in my possession. But on my ticket the cop underlined that I attempted to purchase and had it in possession. 2nd on my ticket even though I told the cop my real place of birth, he still wrote down the wrong place of birth. I'm wondering if this could be considered a cop error? Also I was given a breathalyzer and I blew a .06 I am wondering what are my best options, to just pay the ticket and have it be removed after 2 years? Or go to court and review my options?

I am 20 years old and just received my first ever ticket which is also a drinking ticket. I was given a ticket by the ALE, and when they walked in I had no alcohol in my possession. But on my ticket the cop underlined that I attempted to purchase and had it in possession. 2nd on my ticket even though I told the cop my real place of birth, he still wrote down the wrong place of birth. I'm wondering if this could be considered a cop error? Also I was given a breathalyzer and I blew a .06 I am wondering what are my best options, to just pay the ticket and have it be removed after 2 years? Or go to court and review my options?

Errors on the face of a citation (or alleged errors) do not invalidate the citation.
Those errors or omissions can always be amended prior to trial by the prosecutor.
Your best bet is to ALWAYS plead not guilty.
Hire an attorney or ask the court to appoint one, if you can't afford to hire your own.
No need to try and rush things now.
Time is your friend AFTER you've been charged.

Before you do anything, always seek the counsel of YOUR own attorney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back