Other Criminal Charges & Offenses first offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenziehammond

So I was fired from my job for taken a gift card with fifty dollars on it and its my first offense ive never done anything like this. It was a stupid choice I made. They did not arrest me, they chared me with petty theft. Im thinking about joing the military but with this one my record what could I do. How can I tell the judge that I need this sealed so I can join the military. What do I do?

So I was fired from my job for taken a gift card with fifty dollars on it and its my first offense ive never done anything like this. It was a stupid choice I made. They did not arrest me, they chared me with petty theft. Im thinking about joing the military but with this one my record what could I do. How can I tell the judge that I need this sealed so I can join the military. What do I do?

Relax, you're innocent until you plead guilty, or are convicted.
So, appear as directed, plead not guilty, ask for a public defender.
The last thing YOU want to do is start squawking, quacking, or blabbing.
That's what YOUR lawyer will do.
If convicted, with your once clean reord, you'll be given diversion.
But, that won't keep the authorities, and most e dry one else from seeing what went down.
The military will allow some people to join with waivers.
But, it's far too early to consider that option.
The military is becoming very selective as it trims its ranks.
So, get through this challenge.
It'll probably take three to nine months to be put to rest, plus whatever probation you receive.
There will also be fines, costs, fees, and victim compensation to be paid in FULL.
Maybe by late 2015 the legal drama will have ended.
Then you'll be free to pursue other options.
So, get this taken care of, your future can then be addressed.

Many branches of Military wont take anyone with criminal record. Therefore its very important you talk to an Attorney about plea options that will keep a conviction off your record. Ask about ACD or Diversion as plea options. Whatever terms Judge gives you fines, community service, classes etc follow to the letter are you should be ok. You might also discuss things with your recruiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back