Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft First offense Shoplifting-not Caught

Status
Not open for further replies.

imadeamistake

I shoplifted a 10 dollar game from walmart because I couldn't chose between two games. No camera has direct footage of me hiding the game, and it was at 4:30 in the morning, but the footage they do have could be suspicious. I was not stopped in the store at all. My question, could I still be caught, and what possible punishment could I receive?
Please help me out!

Well well, never underestimate Wal-Mart security. Famous last words of convicted thiefs are "But they could not have had me on camera..." and the like. Actually Wal-Mart is pretty good at catching thieves, so you really were lucky.

Chances are very unlikely they would or could prosecute you now as they have not stopped you right away. It would require a much bigger effort now, so they probably don't want to bother. But you never know.

If they prosecute and you would be found guilty it would probably be a misdemeanor theft, petite larceny or however this is called in your state. There could be a fine, probation or up to a year in jail, depending on your record etc. Stealing is not a joke and can ruin the rest of your life because of the record you will have. Even if it is only $ 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back