Fired then money with held from paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell23

A couple of weeks ago I told my supervisor that I had an upcoming medical procedure to be performed and that I would need to take a few days off, and had vacation time to use. The following day I was called in before my shift started to speak with the supervisor and was terminated for falsification of a timesheet from 3 weeks prior. I had clocked in for 10 hours yet they claimed I was only there for 9.5. Anyway I filed for unemployment and was granted after an interview to determine my eligibility. I received electronically my paystubs, not checks, on what would have been my next and final payday, but on the paystub was a deduction for a purchase. When I called the supervisor about this they said they discovered that I had done a paid out, deposited the money into my checking account and wrote a check to one of our vendors because our corporate office had refused to pay the bill for his services. Unfortunately that check bounced. They reclaimed that money, which I am okay with that, but they have yet to send me the remainder of the final paycheck, of which I have requested and was told that they would mail. It has been almost 3 weeks now, and I still have not received my final check. What can I do about this?

More Info

I just talked with my supervisor and they said the earliest they would give me the paycheck would be the 17th which is another 13 days. Can they do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back