firearm straw purchase warning letter

M

monti carlo

firearm straw purchase warning letter

Virginia, I had ATF agents come to my home and question me about a pistol I bought a year ago. They stated that they suspect me of straw purchase and want to see the gun and write off the serial number. I refused to talk to them without a lawyer which they agreed but had me sign some kind of straw purchase warning letter. They left their info and said I COULD contact them when ever i had a lawyer. They didn't say for sure I had to. I want to know if there is any more action I need to take, is the warning letter part of a charge of suspicion of crime? I do have the said firearm but due to concerns of implications I didn't say anything.
Thanks

If you legally purchased the firearm and still have it, I don't understand what "implications" you are concerned about.

Either call them back and arrange to show them the firearm, of if you are antsy about this, hire a lawyer to make the contact for you and resolve the issue.

This isn't going away.

The next time they come to your door it might be with a warrant.

Illegally purchasing a firearm is a federal crime. The ATF doesn't just show up at your door at random; they have reason to believe you committed a federal crime. It seems you may be worried about that as well. Contact a lawyer.

Back