Filling as independant from my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage007

I am 19 years old and am a full time student in PA. My parents are getting divorced and constantly using me as a pawn for child support money. I want to know how I can file myself as independant from them and how I would setup my residence in a new state. What type of procedure is there to doing this and what is the level of involvement for my parents (as I would like to keep it as little as possible)?

Thank you all very much,
Dale

The easiest, given your close proximity to age 21, might be to refuse support from them. Tell the parent who receives the support that if you are being used as a pawn, you will provide testimony for the other party that he/she is not supporting you in any manner. It would seem that the less paperwork, the better for you. Sometimes resolution is easier accomplished through convincing dicussion.

my situation is similar

I'm17 and living away from the home. i'm still a minor and need to enrole in school next year. My mother lives in arkansas and i live in texas. she wants to give me custody of myself and we just don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back