Filing fraudulamt felony charges to obtain money

jasled

I was employed by a company from 3-16-2012 until 1-5-013.I was given a company truck by my supervisor.knowing fully that I did not have a drivers liscense.he said for me not to get caught driving it.as he left it iny driveway..,I kept and drove the truck from 3-25-2012 until 11-2012.Noone ever questioned me.in 8-2012.I was evolved in a minor accident that resulted in the company being sued by the other party in the accident.My company's insurance stated that I was not on their approved driver list so therefor would not cover the damages..and that the only way they could cover it was if the vehicle had been stolen..6-10-2013 they pressed the charge of criminal unauthorized use of a vehicle so the insurance would cover the claims.I am just now finding out about the warrants.iv viewed all the statement and police reports.with in the report it is stating that I willfully committed the crime on 3-8-2012.that is 8 day prIor to my hire date.and 5 months prior to the accident..as a result of these charges showing up on background checks.I have been unemployed for 3 months now.I am a certified journeyman Lineman,the last job paid me 36.00 hr.I am looked at by people I know like a criminal that don't deserve a chance.when these charges get dismissed like I hope they will,I want to sue the company for damages and lost wages..Am I able to do that?if the chargrs don't stand up can I sue,and what are my chances of coming out ahead?

You drove a vehicle illegally knowing you did not have a license and caused an accident. That is on you. It was stupid for your employer to give you the truck but stupider for you to use it. If the job required driving and you were not licensed, you chose the wrong job. You are going to have difficulty explaining this lack of judgment to future employers. If you haven't gotten to the interview and offer stage and it has only been 3 months you have been looking, I doubt that is the reason you haven't found a job yet.

It isn't clear what happened with the charge of the vehicle being stolen. Were you charged? If so, you need to fight the charge in court.

I am well aware of what I done wasnt right.I knew I shouldnt have been driving any vehicle at that time..and just to clarify some details,I am a certified journeyman Lineman through the us dept.of labor and the IBEW/njact.i have worked at powerline construction all my adult life.I have never been turned down for a job,we are usually hired on reputation alone.
So even though I am admitting wrong doing,that still doesn't justify theft charges.and yes I have been charged with theft.I have a felony warrant out on me right now..My employers insurance would not cover the suit,that was filed by the people I was in the accident with..(i dont know the exact figure,only it's between 10 and 20,000.00)because I was not on their approved list of drivers..they said the only way they would was if I had stolen it.that pickup was given to me by my immediate supervisor 1 week after I started work.that would be around the 20th of march 2012.I drove the truck until November of that year.but was evolved in an accident Aug 18 2012.resulting in a lawsuit that wouldn't be paid by the ins.unless I had stolen it..so they are saying that I stole it now.I kept my job until I left Jan 5 2013.5 months after the accident.I was wrong but that's doesn't mean that I stole the truck.it was in my possession 5 months prior to and 3 months after the accident.it will not hold up in court..my question is if it does have to be dismissed,can I sue them amd win.I know for a fact that the reason I wasnt being hired was because when the background check came back.it showed me having active felony warrants.its a fraudulent claim they are making..I was wrong by driving but they were also..and are blatantly making false statements about me,having the charges pressed on me..I have copies of the affidavits and police reports..I have multiple witnesses that will testify to me having that truck for the most of 2012.Am I not right in thinking that all that has to be proven is that I didn't steal it.that's what they are claiming that I actually committed the crime of theft,and that's not true..they know it's not true..so if that's the case I should be able to sue for lost wages and damages,they lied and the result was felony warrants issued for my arrest which in turn deemed me eneligable to be hired

If you have an active warrant out for you, you need to consult a criminal lawyer like yesterday. If you can prove the charges were made falsely, you might have a case against your former employer.

I am well aware of what I done wasnt right.I knew I shouldnt have been driving any vehicle at that time..and just to clarify some details,I am a certified journeyman Lineman through the us dept.of labor and the IBEW/njact.i have worked at powerline construction all my adult life.I have never been turned down for a job,we are usually hired on reputation alone.
So even though I am admitting wrong doing,that still doesn't justify theft charges.and yes I have been charged with theft.I have a felony warrant out on me right now..My employers insurance would not cover the suit,that was filed by the people I was in the accident with..(i dont know the exact figure,only it's between 10 and 20,000.00)because I was not on their approved list of drivers..they said the only way they would was if I had stolen it.that pickup was given to me by my immediate supervisor 1 week after I started work.that would be around the 20th of march 2012.I drove the truck until November of that year.but was evolved in an accident Aug 18 2012.resulting in a lawsuit that wouldn't be paid by the ins.unless I had stolen it..so they are saying that I stole it now.I kept my job until I left Jan 5 2013.5 months after the accident.I was wrong but that's doesn't mean that I stole the truck.it was in my possession 5 months prior to and 3 months after the accident.it will not hold up in court..my question is if it does have to be dismissed,can I sue them amd win.I know for a fact that the reason I wasnt being hired was because when the background check came back.it showed me having active felony warrants.its a fraudulent claim they are making..I was wrong by driving but they were also..and are blatantly making false statements about me,having the charges pressed on me..I have copies of the affidavits and police reports..I have multiple witnesses that will testify to me having that truck for the most of 2012.Am I not right in thinking that all that has to be proven is that I didn't steal it.that's what they are claiming that I actually committed the crime of theft,and that's not true..they know it's not true..so if that's the case I should be able to sue for lost wages and damages,they lied and the result was felony warrants issued for my arrest which in turn deemed me eneligable to be hired

You can't defend the charges by evading arrest.
You need to turn yourself in, get processed, bond out, plead not guilty, ask the court to appoint a public defender, and work with him or her to clear your name.
Arguing the issue anywhere but the court room is pointless.
Your name will be cleared if you're acquitted at trial in a court room before a real judge and jury, not on the internet.

Yes I am just finding it out this past weekend.there is a 2500.00 bond.so 250 and a bondsman will let me walk thru I hope.of courseI i am broke so was hoping to find an attorney that handles criminal as well..but yes I will be taking care of that the warrants with in the week.

Yes I am just finding it out this past weekend.there is a 2500.00 bond.so 250 and a bondsman will let me walk thru I hope.of courseI i am broke so was hoping to find an attorney that handles criminal as well..but yes I will be taking care of that the warrants with in the week.

In some states, Texas is one, any attorney can stand your bond on his or her representation to the court, and you're sprung.
Problem is, too many jump bond, and the attorney has to get busy finding the absconder.
The result is fewer and fewer attorneys stand bail for unknown criminal defendants.
I've done it for some of my "Platinum Preferred Serial Offender Defendants"!!! LMFAO
I'm not sure if that same system is followed in Oklahoma.

Back