fighting my speeding ticket in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

s84pearce

approximatly 5 weeks ago, i was stopped and issued a traffic citation for speeding.

i filed a motion for discovery with the city solicitors office and requested the following; fcc license, make model and serial number of the radar unit, manufacturers certificate of calibration, operators manual, calibration logs sheets, officers training records, training material, all police policies pertaining to radar use and officers notes.

the city solicitors office supplied me with calibration records for one radar unit (no documentation that proves it was used by the issuing officer) and the state requirments/training material for speed enforcment (very vague to say the least).

along with the information that was supplied to me, an attached letter stating "if you have requested a document and it is not attached hereto, then the state is not in possession of such document".

so is this a typical response or should i file a "freedom of infomation" and see what other documents i can find? or should i wait until pretrial and see how far the city solicitors assistant want to go?

i also received a "reciprocal discovery" requesting a whole list of items. i have non of the items requested. what is the correct response to make to the city solicator?

approximatly 5 weeks ago, i was stopped and issued a traffic citation for speeding.

i filed a motion for discovery with the city solicitors office and requested the following; fcc license, make model and serial number of the radar unit, manufacturers certificate of calibration, operators manual, calibration logs sheets, officers training records, training material, all police policies pertaining to radar use and officers notes.

the city solicitors office supplied me with calibration records for one radar unit (no documentation that proves it was used by the issuing officer) and the state requirments/training material for speed enforcment (very vague to say the least).

along with the information that was supplied to me, an attached letter stating "if you have requested a document and it is not attached hereto, then the state is not in possession of such document".

so is this a typical response or should i file a "freedom of infomation" and see what other documents i can find? or should i wait until pretrial and see how far the city solicitors assistant want to go?

i also received a "reciprocal discovery" requesting a whole list of items. i have non of the items requested. what is the correct response to make to the city solicator?

You're wasting your time.

They want your money.

They don't want to hear your story.

Short of spending $1,500-2,500 for a lawyer, your best option is traffic school.

If its allowed in your state, inquire about "deferred adjudication".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back