K Visa fiance visa and recent criminal conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

untoldeuphemism

I am American. My fiance is British. We have filed a fiance visa application and are waiting for one final document before we can request an interview to see if he is approved to enter the US and marry me. I am very concerned because in May of this year he was arrested for theft under employment. He received 100 hours of community service and that is all. The court documents state "stole money and goods totaling £1600" even though that is not entirely accurate. The reason why as a supervisor he was accepting shady and questionable transactions was to get money for immigration but saying that would not be good. How bad does this look for immigration? We cannot afford an attorney. Are there pro bono ones that handle these types of cases? I was worried enough about how they may respond to our age difference as I am 35 and he is 21 but from what I am reading about convictions, it is not sounding too promising. Please advise. Thank you.

Exception

Hi there,

I am not a lawyer but I am in the same boat.. I think he might fall under the petty offense exception if he only was convicted of one crime of moral turpitude( theft is one of them)

He needs to check the statue of the law under which he was being charged.. If the maximum sentence does not exceed one year of imprisonment and if he did not spend not more than six months in jail he falls under the petty offense exception and A fiance visa should be granted...

Please check his statue( law code in UK) and check the maximum sentence..

Email me if u need more help

ifath001@yahoo.com

This is NOT legal advice!!!!

If he files for a visa in the UK at immigration house London, they will more than likely find the conviction as they have links to the Police national computor!

when he files for the interview he will not get an oppintment straight away because they will have hes details before he arrives! You have to bare in mind with all the troubles in the world they are getting VERY stricked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back